Looking back at 2013, I had many successes. I built on my existing author’s platform, connecting with more users/potential readers on Twitter, Google Plus, Tumblr, LinkedIn, Facebook and Pinterest.
Thanks to the 30 Queries in 30 Days Project and its extension, the 31 Queries in 31 Days Project, I received acceptances from Miracle magazine and Five poetry magazine and secured an editing gig for a series of children’s books.
I published my second non-fiction book, Dedicated Idiocy, ¬†a Kindle-only book, and made progress on my current work-in-progress, Now with Kung Fu Action Grip, a collection of writings about my 3-year-old son.
This year I have two main goals:
1) Complete and publish Now with Kung Fu Action Grip.
2) Complete and publish my new poetry anthology, Owning the Ghosts.
In addition, I want to build on my successes by sticking to three good habits:
3) Post at least once a week on this blog; my blog for my book for older parents, Belated Mommy; my Goodreads author’s blog;¬†and my personal blog at LiveJournal.
4) Write at least one poem a week.
5) Apply to at least one writing job or send at least one submission a week.
In general, I will also be striving to continue to build my author’s platform and to find creative and results-driven ways to promote my published works.
And an exciting update: I learned that I’ve been selected as one of the finalists to be included in the Project REUTSway anthology, from the November YA writing challenge. I will keep you posted on the book as the project progresses!